Here are some suggestions for what to put in your filing:
- Include YOUR CALL SIGN. This gives you what the legal folks call "STANDING". It just means you have skin in the game.
- Include how long you have been an amateur licensee. This shows your commitment to the hobby.
- Include that you are an ARRL member if you are one. This shows that you are not just anti-ARRL.
- Ask the FCC to DISMISS EXISTING RM-11708 and FCC WT 16-239.
- If you are able to provide factual personal experience (not "hearsay" that you heard from someone else), please add it to your comments, as did others who were in Puerto Rico at the time.
- DO NOT do anything that minimizes the great work individual hams did in Puerto Rico or anywhere else. Simply state the facts, as gathered from public records or first hand accounts. Show the ARRL statement; then put the contradicting evidence next to it and compare.
- BE FACTUAL, CIVIL, BUSINESSLIKE, AND CONCISE. Remember, your comments will be available on line for a very long time. Be constructive and positive.
Be sure to state that this is a "REPLY" comment. This is VERY IMPORTANT! You can file REPLY comments until February 21, 2018. Regular comments are closed.
REMEMBER: BE CONSTRUCTIVE, CONCISE, POSITIVE, BUSINESSLIKE. STATE YOU ARE AN ARRL MEMBER (FOR HOW LONG) AND YOUR CALL SIGN, AND WHEN YOU WERE FIRST LICENSED. THIS SHOWS YOU HAVE LEGAL "STANDING" ON THESE ISSUES.
Here are simple step by step instructions on how to use the new FCC web based system:
How to make a Filing Step by Step
Read these FCC filings on WT 16-239 RM-11708 for examples of how to do it right:
Thanks for taking the time to file!
73 AB2RA Janis